The new home of the Museum
The new museum is housed in an old Venetian sawmill of the Magnificent Community of Ampezzo.
In ancient times, in the basin d'Ampezzo, sawmills and mills hydraulic motion were very numerous.
Passed to Regole d'Ampezzo, with the agreement of 1957 on property owned Regolieri, the plant was dismantled and replaced with a modern, electric and automatic. It was later buried the irrigation ditch.
The mill was finally closed and dismantled in early 1987.